Introduction to SKILLS American School
A New Approach to Education
Introduction to SKILLS American School
SKILLS American School is a Candidate of the North Central Association Commission on Accreditation and School Improvement (NCA CASI). NCA CASI is an Accreditation Division of AdvancED).
The curriculum of the American International School is modeled on a typical American school program and meets US core standards. It has been adapted to meet the needs of our student body, made up of Egyptian nationals and students from other countries.
Students graduating with an American High School Diploma open the door to universities in many parts of the world as well as universities in Egypt.
SKILLS American school system develops creativity and self thinking through renovated educational approaches. The American school system is tailored according to the needs and requirements of each student. It also focuses on extracurricular activities, history, and American literature. The curriculum works on delivering the schools philosophy of raising cultural awareness, renovated education, and discipline.
The American school system is applied according to specific guidelines authorized and approved through the ministry of education. The system focuses on delivering core subjects, which are vital in the preliminary stages of a child's education. The curriculum will focus on delivering English grammar and punctuation, humanities (history and geography). Math and science according to their respective years. Education for pre-scholars will focus on jolly phonics, which stresses on proper pronunciation and speech fluency.
SKILLS is dedicated to promote excellence in education through a collaborative, supportive and student-centered educational environment that empowers each learner to excel and achieve his/her highest potential.
Our mission is to work in partnership with the entire community to ensure that each learner acquires the knowledge, SKILLS and core values necessary to achieve social, academic and personal success in a technologically advanced world.
SKILLS believes that ALL STUDENTS CAN LEARN and it is our responsibility to:
- Encourage a love for reading
- Provide a secure, respectful, caring and supportive learning environment
- Provide a well-rounded education and a challenging and rigorous curriculum that meets individual student needs
- Provide effective research-based learning and encourage students to be active learners
- Develop excellent information technology skills
- Engage students, parents, families and the community to enhance learning and increase academic achievement
- Encourage language learning to enable students to interact with the international community
- Provide relevant professional development opportunities to support and enhance student learning
- Respect: We treat everyone with courtesy and respect.
- High Expectations: We Maintain high expectations for each student that leads to academic excellence and high achievement.
- Equity: We provide all students with a rigorous and balanced curriculum aligned with quality instruction.
- Responsibility: We Motivate students to become independent to take responsibility for their own learning.
- Collaboration: Partnerships is essential for our success
- Pride: We instill a sense of pride in our learners, school, and community.
Goal One – Educational Excellence
We are committed to excellence in education ensuring that all students achieve their highest potential personally, socially and academically.
Goal Two – Employee Excellence
We are committed to Recruit, Develop and Retain a high performing staff.
Goal Three – School, Families and Community Partnership
We are committed to an open and welcoming school that engages the community to support and enhance students achievement.
Goal Four – Safety & Wellness
We are committed to a caring, safe and healthy learning environment and lifestyle.
Goal Five – Operations & Resources
School operations, facilities and resources support an efficient, transparent and progressive education system.
Calendar 2018/2019: Click Here