A New Approach to Education
WHY DOES A CHILD NEED LOVE AND AFFECTION?
April 5, 2017
WHY DOES A CHILD NEED LOVE AND AFFECTION?At SKILLS - DEUTSCHE ABTEILUNG, we know well that building a good character for the child is the most important task we stress on and we believe, that every positive step we take with our children to develop themselves will be fruitful for their future. All parents desire happiness for their children through guiding them with love, time and effort to reach success. Sometimes parents tend to forget the most important thing which needs to be provided to children which is LOVE. Some studies proved, that lack of parental warmth and love can make children more stressed, since parents put too much pressure on them to succeed without balancing it with affection. This can create health risks for children. If the child has love from parental figures, they may be more protected from the impact of the abuse on adult biological risk for health problems, than those who don't have that loving adult in their life. Love and affection help children to feel secure regardless of accomplishments. This builds their confidence and self-esteem.
How can love help your child to succeed?
- Helps your child’s mental well-being.
- Makes your child physically healthier.
- Increases your child’s brain development and memory.
- Creates a stronger bond between parent and child.
- Makes your child less fearful and more world rounded.
How to show your child love?
There are many ways how parents can show love and affection to their children.
- When children are younger, parents need to show this affection through physical demonstration, such as hugging, cuddling and holding the children.
- Mutual games are a great way to show love and affection.
- In toddler age, holding their hands while they walk is a good way to show affection and has the added benefit of giving them a feeling of security.
- Having a discussion with your child is another way to show love.
- As children get older parents can show affection in non-physical ways, such as paying attention to children, remembering and celebrating important moments in their lives, vocalising their love and kissing them good night before bed.